Friday, January 22, 2010

Revising the calendar

Before my surgery (I'm calling it B.S.), my calendar would have something listed almost every day. Some place to go, or something to do, or at least something to look forward to.

Now, since I got home from my 2-week hospital stay, the calendar 'events' have been limited to visits from those wonderful home health care people - Shelly, Samantha and Julie (OT, RN and PT). I look forward to seeing them and was sorry when Shelly's 'tour of duty' was completed on my case. All three ladies are pleasant, fun to be with and always smiling...very important!

I am beginning to resume a few of my B.S. activities, however. Going to Sunday School has been a real spirit-lifter and vital to my overall health.

While I'm still missing some meetings, I did get to go to the Contemporary Club this past Wednesday. Alan chauffeured me and Charlotte to the Library, where the Club meets in the big meeting room. It was good to see all the ladies again, and they made me feel like Royalty with their ''welcome back" greetings.

Recoving my strength is a slow process, but everyone says I'm doing well, looking good, and coming along nicely. I guess I will have to agree, even if I don't. What I see in the mirror must differ greatly from what others see. So be it.

No comments: