Sunday, February 28, 2010

EOM thoughts

Thoughts for the end of the month (EOM): in the first place, February is a short month, but outside of that fact, the days seemed to drag sometimes and fly by other times. I guess it's not unusual when the calendar has so few listings of "things to do" ... besides Physical Therapy, that is.

Physical Therapy - a.k.a. as Pain and Torture - has been a challenge. The first two sessions nearly did me in. I was seriously overworked in that second session, and it took several days for me to get over the exhaustion caused by doing too many repetitions of each exercise. I kept doing what the nice instructor said, because I didn't want to give up so early in the game. But I found out pretty fast that I can only do so much in a session and then I have to stop.

Going three times a week to the PT sessions has been better since the instructor has lightened up on the intensity and I don't get so desparately tired each time.

There have been three really nice meetings during the month, that I have attended and enjoyed immensely. Ruthanne drove us to the Colonial Dames meeting in Bartlett; Alan chauffeured for the Contemporary Club tea over in Fayette County, and Ruthanne was the driver for the trip to Holly Springs for the Genealogical Society meeting there. Each group is different and very special with a lot to offer. It was good to get out and see those various friends and participate in the activities.

Now it's time to turn the calendar page to March and start a new month. I hope the temperatures will begin to warm up; everyone is so tired of cold weather. Thank goodness our area did not get any more snow (yet) this winter. The heaviest snow I can remember occured in the middle of March in 1968. We had 17 inches. Maybe our 6-inch snowfall earlier this month was all we're due to have this year. I hope.

1 comment:

EYR said...

Gosh, let's hope we don't repeat the weather from 1968!! Hang in there with the PT. You will get stronger, it is just going to take more time than you most likely want it to take! Hope to see you on Wednesday.