Saturday, February 6, 2010

Catching up again....

I just realized I have not posted anything for several days, so here I am again - trying to catch up.
I sent the following message to the family after I got home from the appointment with my heart doctor:

We left here at 12 noon and got to the office building without any delays. (the snow/ice had melted off the main roadways by that time)

With only a ONE hour wait today, my checkup went well. Blood Pressure 120/70, weight 134 (fully clothed), and EKG was "okay".

Dr. Allen will let me change my heart RX from the one that makes my feet/ankles swell so badly, back to the med that was better... I have some of that one on hand, and will get the new RX filled when we go to Wal-Mart next.

He said I should have my blood checked at the C'ville office - in three weeks. That's for the coumadin level... and maybe in 6 months I could get off that one entirely.

He wants to see me again in 3 months, so that will be at the C'ville office too - he's out here on Thursdays, and since I don't do the Book Store on Thursdays now, I can keep appointments at this office instead of at the Baptist East complex.

WE got home by 3 p.m., and encountered no ice or bad road conditions going or coming back. The 40+ temp today has helped tremendously. BUT there is still a lot of ice piled up along the way, and unmelted areas "waiting for more"? I hope not.
So, that's the 'report' from Feb. 1. It's been a busy week with the FRIENDS meeting on Wednesday and grocery shopping on Thursday. I was delighted to get back to the Friends meeting, and received a royal welcome there. Like the kindergarten student who said he liked to miss school because they clapped for him when he came back. :-) They clapped for me, too.

Grocery shopping was, as usual, a big job. The checker commented that we must have been "out of everything", which is pretty close to right. So our cart was full when we finished checking out. The rain was beginning to fall a little harder when we got back to the car, so I did not even try to help load the bags into the trunk. Poor Alan - had to do it all.

Now it's Saturday and I'm waiting for Ruthanne to come pick me up to go to the Colonial Dames meeting and lunch. Charlotte will be going too. This group meets quarterly, so it's been a while since we've seen these friends. We did not go to the November meeting since I was still reeling from the shock of the X-ray and CT scan results on Nov 2nd. That seems like a long time ago.

I commented yesterday to a phone friend that I was so impatient to regain my strength, when we both realized it has not yet been two whole months since the major surgery. I need to practice patience..... not easy.

No comments: