Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Interesting encounter

Wandering around Wal-Mart this morning, searching for but not finding my favorite kind of slacks and shirts, I stopped at the end of an aisle. A tall young woman with a cart full of grocery items stopped in front of me, saying she liked my top.

My 'top' is a plain white shirt with red and blue stars embroidered on the collar. I think that was merely a conversation opener. She went on to say that she would like to pray for me, and did I have any special concerns? I do, so I told her I was concerned that my hair is thinning at an abnormal rate and I think it's due to the medicines I'm taking. She asked my name, and the said, "May I pray for you right now?" I agreed, and she did - offered a beautiful prayer on my behalf, quoting the Bible that says God knows the number of hairs on your head, asking for wisdom for the doctor I'll see on Thursday, and more.

When she was finished, I asked her name - she said "Amy" and went on to complete her shopping. I had been trying on slacks before that time, and was getting too tired, so I checked out and came on home with my one shirt purchase.

This was a most strangely interesting morning for me. It's never happened before, and though I don't understand why it happened today, I do appreciate the woman's concern and her prayers.

No comments: