Friday, December 12, 2008

Thoughts -

"A life without purpose is a languid, drifting thing; Every day we ought to review our purpose, saying to ourselves: This day let me make a sound beginning, for what we have hitherto done is naught!" -- Thomas A. Kempis

This quote from another website made me stop and think- what am I supposed to be doing today that I 'm not doing? I could make a list....

Days like this are hard to deal with. There are many things I should be doing, most of which I don't want to do, so I'm not. Too soon the option of procrastination will run out and force me to action... like it or not.

The volunteer hours at the book store yesterday were fun, with lots of interesting shoppers, browsers and good friends to talk with. Then last night hubby and I made a 180-degree change to our routine by attending the Christmas Band and Choral Concert at a grandson's school. This is his last year there, since Graduation in May will open a whole new chapter for him --and his parents. Their last chick leaving the nest and all that.

The concert was delightful. There was enough mix of new and traditional Christmas music to satisfy even the meanest critic, and I found my toes tapping repeatedly to keep up with the brass and percussion sections. Like the old fire horse, I'm always rarin' to go when a Band performs!

We didn't have a chance to speak to our grandson following the performance, but I hope he knew we were in the audience. He's just the most handsome of all the young men in the band - of course. Of course, I say that about all of our grandchildren - they're the most beautiful, handsome, talented, intelligent and likeable kids ever born !

No comments: