Monday, December 29, 2008

Vicarious travel

AH... I have had the most wonderful time reading about and enjoying our travelers' experiences in Europe this past week.

The word vi·car·i·ous means (3): experienced or realized through imaginative or sympathetic participation in the experience of another... and that describes me to a T.

I have toured Paris, taken a boat ride on the Seine, traveled the Autobahn, ridden a fantastic train across several countries, tasted the delights of French bread and chocolat chaud, visited the Louvre where I gawked at the Mona Liza, and other amazing museums - Marie Antoinette's bed looks awfully hard; and generally had the experiences of a lifetime -- all without leaving home or computer! Thanks to our amazing technology and our traveling family and friends - this has been an exciting couple of weeks, and "our" trips are not over yet!

I wonder what amazing things we'll find to help celebrate the New Year? Vicariously, of course.

No comments: