Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Books = pleasure

I mentioned some of my choices at the Library last week. "Under the Cajun Moon" by Mindy Starns Clark turned out to be an intriguing story, full of different characters and locales but primarily set in the Cajun country area of Louisiana. Many twists and turns keep the pages turning, and sometimes confuse the reader. But it's a delightful novel by an author who's new to me.

Our Library has several copies of Clark's list of published novels, so I'll be looking in the C section of hard copies as well as paperbacks on my next trip to the Library. Clark has several 'series' books, so I'll be on the lookout for those, as well.

Linda Lael Miller's stories, all set in the West of our young country - late 1800s and early 1900s - are always fun for me. She relates the adventures and misadventures of various members of the same family in the books I brought home from the Book Store. It's interesting to see her character development and follow along as she gets the hero into and out of 'trouble'.

As the saying goes: "So many books, So little time." (So now I'm going back to the current novel to see how Gideon solves his several problems.)

No comments: