Saturday, September 5, 2009

BUSY, busy

Winding down August and diving into September in a rush of activities... what a week! It's hard to believe that it is September already.. month 9 out of 12, oh my.
I'm thinking of the song "September"...'the days dwindle down to a precious few, September, November...' Ah yes, how fast they go. Already some leaves are beginning to color and a few are falling from the 'early shedders' (my name for Box Elders and a few others - for lack of a better label). The days are getting shorter. As much as I hate to see the sun set a minute or two earlier every day, it happens.

A really nice meeting of the United Methodist Women on Tuesday introduced a new area of our church's new building addition for many of us who had not been in that part before. A lot of planning and design went into the project, which is phase one of a three-part overall plan expected to span many years of development.

Another meeting on Wednesday, preceeded by the Executive committee's brief meeting to review the agenda for the FRIENDS meeting. The FRIENDS meetings are always well-attended and the membership continues to grow. Our Fall Book Sale is scheduled for the first weekend in October, so it will be here before we know it. The sales are always a lot of work, and a lot of fun. They produce a big part of the money we donate back to the Library to be used for things the Budget won't cover.

Thursday was almost too much. I enjoyed my shift at the book store, followed immediately by the Author Robert Dalby and his review of "A Piggly Wiggly Wedding". This is the third in this series, and promises to be as delightful as its predecessors. An important errand came next, followed by a drive in to the city for a Visitation at the Funeral Home to express our condolences on the death of a friend. We stopped for a sandwich on the way home, so it turned out to be a 10-hour day for me. Too much.

I had to admit relief when a doctor's appointment for my sister was cancelled on Friday. Whew ! Another busy day was not going to be fun for me, but then internimable sitting in the waiting rooms at that doctor's office are never much 'fun'.

I am thankful, actually, to have so many 'things to do' for I fear I would not enjoy 'nothing going on' very long. The calendar looks almost as full for next week.. but it IS September now, and all the clubs and organizations get going again after the summer hiatus.

No comments: