Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

"Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down." I so agree with that old song from the '70s! Not all the time, but when rainy days ARE Mondays, it's a little too much to cope with.

Yesterday I got up early to check emails, blogspots, FaceBook, and read the newspaper -routine morning. Then hubby and I went to the Library to submit a project, which was well-received.

Next, a short visit to Wal-Mart - looking for some items - Then home to walk around the yard and check with the men who are clearing out brush and old privet hedges next door (stump grinder and chain saw have been buzzing for DAYS over there)... showing him where the property lines are and what to cut and what to keep hands off !

A quick phone call added a Cemetery Exec. Board meeting to my Wednesday calendar - my only Free day this week.

My favorite printer came to pick up the Newsletter for printing, and talk about prices for a brochure and tickets.

Soon after our lunch, one of the Public Works people arrived to show us the water line problem, which their equipment had detected. He and his partner started digging in the yard, 2 feet down to find a broken water pipe. Fortunately we were able to get a plumber, who came right on, dug mud and pumped out muddy water, went to McGinnis Hardware for supplies, worked like a Trojan to make the repair...

That took a while, and I was ready to sit down to rest by that time. BUT I looked out the front door and the ATT Truck in driveway responding to our call from last week - loss of service on my line - two phones. He checked outside wiring - 100% fine. Inside, my favorite phone that announces the incoming call number = shorting out occasionally. Replaced that phone with a cheapy that hubby had on hand.

Answered the phone (back in service, thank goodness), call about the Home Tour brochure and tickets printing details... still no decision about who will do printing.

My printer brought the finished Newsletters and got paid. (I still have to create the mailing labels, buy stamps, affix labels and stamps and Mail the newsletters out)

Answered the phone... President of our state Jamestowne Society calling to confirm details about our Nov. 14th meeting, so I can create, print and mail the meeting invitations to about 50 people before the end of October.

Tried again to sit down to read a few pages - looked at Clock. YIKES it's 5:00 p.m.

It was time to gather refreshments and stuff to take to UMW night circle meeting at 6:30.

Supper Monday tonight had to be fast and easy....so I could change my muddy clothes (I got spashed by standing too close to the waterline hole), pick up my sister, drive to the church - unload bags of refreshment stuff and help Ruth get it all set up before members show up at 7:00 or before.

And Monday was to have been my Quiet day this week.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your day....whew, bet you are glad that one is behind you!!!