Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Monday

Yesterday, when I was unloading the bags of groceries from my car trunk, I failed to open the trunk lid ALL the way. Surprise ! The lid started closing and banged my forehead, knocking my glasses askew. I pushed the trunk lid more forcefully then, until it 'caught' and stayed open.

Thinking my face would be streaming blood from the painful injury, I felt and -- Nothing!
Not even broken skin. For anything that hurt that much, I thought there would have been humongous gash. Too bad. Only a small bump and later a slightly red spot.

At least I didn't have the experience that hubby did, a while back. He clicked the remote to open the rear of our van, but failed to move back far enough out of the way of the rising cargo door. He got whopped good and proper. Kinda knocked him winding, and his glasses were sent spinning to the pavement in front of the IHOP restaurant. It took him a few minutes to regain his composure and collect his glasses, too. We were lucky that it wasn't a whole lot worse. Other family members gathered around to be sure he was all right again before we all parted to go our separate ways. Needless to say, I was the designated driver for the trip back home.

No comments: